Friday, January 16, 2015

Beginning Again in 2015



On the first day of the year, I talked about casting a vision over 2015. For me, this year is about more than just setting goals or creating a giant to do list (although we have one of those). Over the last week or so, I have prayed over this year and looked back over the last one. Here are three things that I want to focus on this year: 

1. Enjoying & Resting in all 2015 brought.
Enjoying time with friends. Enjoying my home. Enjoying my job. Enjoying life.

2. Being intentional with my time and my year.
For me this means slowing down enough to see God act and move where He is present. It means prayerfully and carefully choosing the things I invest my time in. It may mean saying No to great things in order to say Yes to other things. 

3. Making relationships more of a priority than the home they take place in
This one is the hardest of the three for me. I will stress myself out to the max making sure the house looks perfect and feels comfy for guests. And while the intention is good, sometimes I need to just let it go, dust the socks off the couch, and sit with a friend and a cup of coffee more than I need to "pick up." True confessions of a house loving perfectionist!

The hardest part of casting a vision (and then posting it for everyone to see!) is that I know I will fail. There are moments when I will find my self knee deep in a list of to dos, completely exhausted and not enjoying my day. There will be times when I say yes to more than I can handle. There will be days when I find myself preparing my house rather than my heart before guests arrive. This is hard for the perfectionist/want to do it "right" side of me.

I had a gentle reminder this morning that I want to share with you for those days when you feel like everything is out of whack: We don't have to wait for the calendar to turn to begin anew (SRT). Each day is a new opportunity & a new space to begin again. So if you find yourself half a month into 2015 and already dipping out on your gym time, eating a box of chocolates and thinking I'll just try again next year, please remember its not too late. Tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start. 



Have you had a chance to think about your vision for 2015? What does it look like?




No comments :

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! We love hearing your ideas, seeing your DIY projects, and answering your questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive