Ever try to put a
stuff comforter inside a duvet cover and end up sweating and frustrated with a lumpy bed cover to boot? Well, I have and I dread washing my duvet for this reason. I recently saw this video posted on facebook where they teach you how to put a comforter into a duvet cover the "easy" way using this burrito method. Here is the original how to video as featured on the Meredith Vieira Show.
I just had to try it out for myself. My video is actually my fourth attempt to roll the duvet cover out correctly. I still will say that it came out better than the "stuffing it" method but it did take me a few attempts to figure things out.
Here are a few tips to help you insert your comforter into your duvet perfectly the first time:
- Roll from the top towards the opening of the duvet cover.
- Tie or pin all four corners of the duvet to the comforter.
- The tighter you make your roll the easier it is to stuff it at the end.
- Watch the final step before the roll out carefully. I ended up with a literal burrito several times with no way to unroll the duvet (although this did make for a good laugh!)
- The roll out isn't as glamorous as it looks on her video but don't fear, a few shakes of your duvet and it will look gorgeous.
- Use two people if you can. It will go quicker and the roll will be tighter(see 3)
What do you think of this method to insert a comforter into a duvet cover?