We are enjoying our guest room these days... maybe even a tad envious when we glimpse the guest room and then walk into our unfinished master bedroom... but we are so thankful it is ready to host guests at a moments notice. Here is our Budget Breakdown for the guest room and HOW we got that look!
- Pallet Headboard: FREE! This was the first project Ty and I did together. Who knew it was foreshadowing many DIY projects to come!
- Bedding: The White Duvet with the Green trim I bought in college. It can still be found here. The quilt was a steal at TJ Maxx/Home Goods for only $49. It is made my Cynthia Rowley.
- Pillows: The Euro Shams are from PB's Palampore Bedding Collection. These cost a pretty penny at $49 each, but when debating over making my own shams out of my FIRST CHOICE of fabric... Schumacher's Chaing Mai in Aquamarine at $100plus/yard...these were definitely the cheaper of the two options; Yellow Pillows: Homemade from our previous guest room in the Sloan Road House; Coral Damask Pillow: This was a GREAT Etsy find. Only $14 on clearance.
- Matching Glass Lamps: Also on CLEARANCE for $29 each at TJ/HG
|Schumacher's Chaing Mai Fabric in Aquamarine|
- Yellow Chair: From my childhood, FREE (thanks Ma!)
- Tahari Yellow Baskets for Wall Art: $45 from TJ Maxx/Home Goods
- White Fluffy Pillow: Another TJ Maxx/Home Goods find for $45
- Curtains: White Ritva Curtains from Ikea (4); two pair for $24.99 each
- Night stands and side table: all previously owned $0
and last but not least...
Crystal Knobs to update existing side table: $7
Grand TOTAL: $400 on the nose
(I included tax to get this pretty number)
We also plan on changing out the light fixture at some point too!
Share this with others on PINTEREST