Thursday, November 27, 2014

Living Room Design Plan

Last week I took you through some of the looks I was pondering for our Dining Room. This week, I am designing our Living Room. If you remember from our home tour, the living room is immediately off of the dining room and kitchen area.


My idea for the living room design centers around the sofa. Here are several of the options I am considering:

1. The Classic Tufted Chesterfield

2. Grey/Blue Velvet English Roll Arm

3. West Elm's Paidge Sofa in Otter

4. West Elm's Paidge Sofa in Navy


For the chairs, I am would like something cozy for fireside sitting but also with more modern lines. Here are the options I am looking into:

1. West Elm's Sweep Chair in Performance Velvet Shadow

2. West Elm's Sweep Chair in Basketweave Flax

 3. ZGallerie's Bobbin Chair

With the narrow layout, I would like to use small ottomans that can be moved around the room in lieu of the standard coffee table. Here are the ones I like best: 

1. Target Brass & Linen Ottoman


2. Leather X-Stool


3. Leather & Metal Bench
For flooring in this narrow space, I would like to layer a natural jute fiber rug with a cowhide rug like this one from World Market.

If you remember from the to do list I made a few weeks back, the room also will need updated light fixtures. Here are two that I really like:

1. Progress Lighting's Traditional Semi-Flush Mount

2. A Twist on the Traditional Semi-Flushmount: The Regan

With the basic elements narrowed down, I was able to come up with a couple of design plans.

Living Design Option #1



Living Design Option #2

Living Design Option #3


Living Design Option #4

Which one do you like best?
One // Two // Three // Four

No comments :

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! We love hearing your ideas, seeing your DIY projects, and answering your questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive