Thursday, July 10, 2014

Organizing Toys and Books in a Laundry Room



This is one of my favorite organizing projects so far. My client has recently redecorated, and while the space is absolutely gorgeous, it has left her with little storage. That's where I come in! She needed a toy storage solution in her laundry room. In addition, the side entry (seen below) to her home, used by family and close friends, was cluttered with toys so I wanted to make this more visually appealing by adding proper toy storage here as well. 

BEFORE

In the laundry room, the counter-top space did not function well as a storage place but was more of a landing spot for everything that didn't have a place. So, I used a storage cube system to create a space for everything.

BEFORE

AFTER

Under the counter-top was a similar problem. Lots of need for storage but not a specific space for each item. By creating a designated space for each grouping of like items I seemingly created more space, which accomplished the overall goal of providing MORE toy storage.

BEFORE

AFTER

On the shelves above the counter-top, the storage bins did not fit the shelves and it was hard to determine what was in each bin. By purchasing the appropriate sized bins and labeling them, I created a space for each group of items so they can be easily accessed. 

BEFORE


 AFTER

The same was true on the other side of the laundry room with the shelving above the washer & dryer.

BEFORE

AFTER

On the washer and dryer side of the laundry I took advantage of the wall space by placing two hooks for reusable grocery bags. This provides easy access to a regularly used item.


I also added a large hook to the back of the door for bags.


In addition, I reorganized the laundry supplies for a cleaner and more functional look. Before, there were several organization bins to house all of the laundry supplies. Once I sorted through those items, it was easy to consolidate into one storage tower. Then I moved the tower in between the washer and dryer for easy use.

BEFORE

AFTER

With more storage available for toys in the laundry room, sprucing up the side entry was easy! I moved the pink child's chair upstairs (more on that in a later post!) and eliminated the need for the two storage ottomans. I also added a decorative basket for larger toys, making this room inviting and clutter free!

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

I loved providing toy storage solutions in this gorgeous home.
 If you are in the Nashville Area and interested in my organization services, 
please contact me at OrganizingNashville@gmail.com
or fill out this form: Client Interest Form


Organize Nashville
Caroline Dilbeck, Organizing Consultant
Bringing peace and restoration to your home through organization


Some more photos from this project:



No comments :

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! We love hearing your ideas, seeing your DIY projects, and answering your questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive