Monday, April 14, 2014

The Lantern Light that Just Wasn't Right

You may have gleaned our lantern light when we were doing some front door rehab this past fall.
During all of that we also tried failed at hanging a new front porch fixture. This lantern had all the makings of a beautiful fixture....


In my head I had visions of our home looking like this...


Unfortunately, it turned out more like this...



The original fixture was a square flush-mount, so the off centered-ness did not have any impact on the appearance of the porch. When we installed this hanging lantern, it became all too obvious that the light fixture had been centered on the porch and not the front door. 


I thought about hanging an iron pendant to balance the doorway....


I thought about putting a planter to balance the doorway distract from the off centered lantern 
(I DID in fact buy a plant for the porch it died)


I tried to ignore that it was off center. I EVEN took photos to make it appear centered. 


But in the end, I just could not get over the off centered light. 
Ultimately, I think I would like to have a wall lantern installed to the left of the front door (like the one below!) and completely remove the overhead light.



But for now our lop-sided lantern must come down!



Although that piece of our front door rehab was a major fail, 
we have been waiting to share our spring surprise with you guys for quite awhile....
stay tuned!

Share with others via PINTEREST...



















No comments :

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! We love hearing your ideas, seeing your DIY projects, and answering your questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive