We have made it to the end of the honey-do's, and we are finishing strong with some great ideas for the exterior of the house, the yard & the garage space.
Up first, the facade of our home by the creek:
1. Paint Brick a gorgeous & inviting creamy white with a correlating white trim
2. Paint shutters a deep navy blue
Here is my inspiration & SOON-TO-BE color scheme for the exterior.
I am always amazed at what a little paint can do...
1. Brighten up front door with Benjamin Moore's Wythe Blue
2. Remove Storm Door
3. Add lantern-like fixture
4. Paint & Re-seal steps to front door
FRONT PATH (now!)
Add Blue Slate Pavers....to create a more ordered look like this!
1. Remove Storm Door (it is broken)
2. Paint back door the same Wythe Blue as the front door
3. Replace/Repair flood light fixture above door
4. Repaint & Reseal back steps
On edge about this HEDGE....
There's a creek somewhere behind there....
1. Go to work with a trimmer and cut back the hedges,
overgrown weeds and limbs around the bases of trees (basically, Clean it up!)
2. Mulch around the existing flower/tree beds.
All we need to do here, is trim the wisteria back from the roof line and shape up the bottom....
more work for the trimmer! (Oh, and that large crumbling cement fireplace has to go as well.)
Herb Garden & Flower Bed
Demo Flower Bed.
So sad to have to remove this but it holds water against the side of the house, so we are going to replant the beautiful herbs and roses in an alternate location.
Last but NOT least.....THE GARAGE (exterior)
The Garage (interior)
1. Add electric garage door openers (YES!! Can't wait!)
2. Dismantle loft (it is only held together by 2 - 2x4s hanging from the rafters -- yikes!)
3. Create a laundry room area
4. Dry wall garage walls and ceiling and remove black tar paper
5. Seal & StainConcrete Floors.... I am thinking something shiny like this...
We are so excited to be in our home at last, and to start ticking away at our honey-do list!