Thursday, April 18, 2013

DIY Abstract Art


I have been searching  for the PERFECT back splash for our kitchen sink. My mom, who is an amazing interior designer, suggested I pick out a piece of abstract art. After seeing a few example canvases online (and their prices!), I thought... I CAN DO THAT!

I started with a canvas I acquired at a Sips and Strokes Bachelorette Party earlier this year. Needless to say, that artwork did not turn out to be a masterpiece, BUT the background color is perfect for my space!

SUPPLIES:

Canvas
Acrylic Paints
A Variety of Paint Brushes
A place to mix your paints.
I use a paper plate covered in aluminum foil (makes clean up a breeze!)
A Drop cloth. 
I use an old fitted twin sheet to cover our rectangular kitchen table. 
The elastic corners keep the sheet from sliding. 

READY TO CREATE!

First, I covered the existing artwork in a similar blue color.
And LET IT DRY.


After that, the fun begins! 
The best part about abstract art is it can look any way you wish.
I just kept layering paint and colors until it came out just right.

FINISHED PRODUCT!
This project cost me a whopping $0 as I already had all of the supplies. 


I am SO PROUD of how this turned out.
What a BIG difference this SMALL piece of artwork makes in our kitchen!

Before






No comments :

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! We love hearing your ideas, seeing your DIY projects, and answering your questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive